***Sorry Registration is closed***
Linn-Benton Rental Housing Assoc.
Applications and Screening
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
11 to 1 p.m.
Your Webinar Instructor: Tia Politi
Select the right tenant and your job is easy; choose unwisely and your job is a nightmare. This class teaches you the best practices in screening applicants:
- Fair Housing requirements
- Prohibited considerations in screening
- Creating screening criteria and policies
- Spotting inaccurate information
- Asking the right questions
- Documentation requirements and provable income
- The HUD Memo
- Screening fees
- Inability to verify information
- Application denial
- Reasonable accommodation for former addicts, alcoholics, victims of domestic violence
- Reasonable Modification of dwelling unit
- Reasonable accommodation for assistance animals
By the end of this class, attendees should be able to understand how to create and apply screening criteria, how to create policies and procedures, and how to fairly process and evaluate applicants for rental housing. Attendees will learn how to apply Fair Housing requirements, prohibited considerations, screening fees, and when and how to make exceptions to policies, how to address issues of reasonable accommodation or modification.
LBRHA Members $30
Active Oregon Rental Housing Assoc. Members $30
must be paid by April 19th.
Date: April 21, 2021
Time: 11 to 1 p.m.
Webinar Requirements: High Speed Internet,Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone with audio
2 Continuing Education Credits
Please Register by April 19th
any question or concerns call 541-224-8172
PO Box 2287 Corvallis, OR 97339