WEBINAR - 2 hours
Advanced Reasonable Accommodation
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
11 to 1 p.m.
Your Webinar Instructor: Tia Politi
Did you know that an applicant can claim disability that requires you to discount some or all of their past credit, criminal or rental history based on a prior addiction? There’s a lot to know about reasonable accommodation and what you don’t know can get you into hot water.
This class covers:
- What to do when an applicant submits a reasonable accommodation, either at the time of application or after denial.
- What is reasonable?
- What criminal history can pose a reasonable concern for danger to neighbors, the landlord or the landlord’s agent?
- Caregivers, how to screen them and the forms to use to set up their right to occupy with the tenant
- Assistance animals
- Mental health issues
- Requests to grow or use marijuana
- Requests to ignore bad behavior in the unit if the tenant is getting treatment • Domestic violence and reasonable accommodation
- Lease bifurcation
Penalties Course objectives: At the end of this course, attendees should be able to identify the types of accommodations or modifications that a disabled person can request, how to handle each type of request, the documentation that can be required from the tenant to confirm the disability-related need, and how to manage disabled tenants who violate the rules.
LBRHA Members $30
Active Oregon Rental Housing Assoc. Members $30
must be paid by May 17th
A recording of this event will be emailed to each
registrant after the class has taken place
to view for a limited time
2 Continuing Education Credits
CE Credit is only available for the
LIVE Webinar (not the RECORDING)
Date: May 19, 2021
Time: 11 to 1 p.m.
Webinar Requirements: High Speed Internet,Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Smart Phone with audio
Please Register by May 17th
any question or concerns call 541-224-8172
PO Box 2287 Corvallis, OR 97339